Oakdale High School Boys Indoor Track and Field runner Kyle Lund and Frederick High School Girls Basketball player Rose Bubukar.
Kyle Lund: 1. According to the Frederick News Post and “milesplit.com,” Kyle turned in the fastest 800 meter run by a high school student in the United States on Dec. 15, 2018 at the Prince George’s Sports Complex during the Howard County Winterfest. The time was 1:55.62 and has been topped by several runners nationally this season but just barely.
2. 12/8/18 – Kyle, an Oakdale HS Junior, won the 800 meter and 1,600 meter runs at the Terry Baker Invitational at Hagerstown Community College to help the Oakdale boys win the team championship.
3. 12/21/18 – Kyle was a triple winner at the Dwight Scott Invitational winning the 1,600 meter run and the was part of the winning 1, 600 meter and 3,200 meter relay teams. Again helping Oakdale to a team title.
4. 1/25/19 – Kyle won 3 events at the CMC Indoor Championships winning the 800 meter run, 1,600 meter run and was part of the 4X400 meter relay team win. Once again the Oakdale boys took the team title.
Rose Bubukar: 1. As a Freshman, Rose was a major part of the Frederick High School Girls Basketball team that won a second straight Maryland state 3A Championship in March of 2018.
2. Rose is currently among the leaders in 3 major categories of Girls HS Basketball in Frederick County including scoring ( 15.6 pts a game), rebounding (9.4 rebounds a game), and Assists (2.1 assists a game).
3. On January 8, Rose scored 26 points to lead Frederick past Thomas Johnson, 75-41, in the first intra-city game of 2019.
4. On Dec. 18 Rose poured in 23 points in a 68-44 win over Tuscarora and on Dec. 11, she scored 23 points in a 58-21 victory over Linganore.
Kyle Lund’s track and field coach at Oakdale is Dave Lillard
Rose Bubukar’s basketball coach at Frederick is Ashley Bush.