Critical Power, Inc. (CPI) provides expert Commercial and Residential Generator services to Central Maryland. We offer Generator Sales, Service and Rentals with most major brands supported. 24/7 Emergency Service available. We also offer Maintenance Agreements for all brands.
All generator companies are not created equal! We at CPI enjoy what we do and enjoy solving the challenges of generator installation and service. When power is taken from you without warning, our generators give it back!
Our mission is to ensure you never lose power!
Closed for 12/9/13
Frederick County Public Schools – Closed…code blue
Washington County Schools
Berkley County, WV Schools
Carroll Count Schools - 12 month employees on liberal leave.
Clarke County Schools –
Fairfax County Schools -
Friends Meeting School
Hampshire County Schools
Howard County Public Schools
Jefferson County Schools
Loudoun County Schools
Maryland School for the Deaf
Montgomery County Schools – offices opening at 11AM
Morgan County Schools
New Life Christian School
St. John’s Regional Catholic School
St. Maria Goretti High School
Winchester City Schools
2 HOUR DELAY
Chambersburg Schools – 2 hour delay
Frederick Christian Academy – 2 hour delay
Waynesboro PA Schools – 2 hour delay, modified kindergarten schedule
City of Frederick is on a Liberal Leave policy, essential personnel must report…Snow emergency plan in effect for the City of Frederick.
Federal Government offices opening on a two hour delay with options for employees to take unscheduled leave or telework.
Frederick Community College will opening at 11AM – will re-evaluate at 9AM
Hood College opening at 11:30.
Hagerstown Community College opening at 10AM
Jefferson County Government – 2 hour delay
Carroll County Government opening at 10AM
Frederick Primary Care Ballenger Creek Office opening at 10AM (2 Hour Delay)
Unified Community Connect formerly UPC- Frederick location closed.
Daybreak Adult Day Services are closed.
Creative Children’s Center opening at 10:30AM, Creative Children’s Center Myersville opening at 8:30
National Emergency Training Center/ FEMA – 3 hour delay, unscheduled leave in effect.
Fort Detrick opening at 10AM – all essential and emergency personnel report as scheduled. The only gate open until 10AM is the old Farm Gate.
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) delayed opening until 10AM.
Frederick Pediatric Associates are opening at 10AM
The Learning Tree opening 2 hours late, before and after school program operating two hours late.
Precious Little One’s Daycare – Brunswick – 2 hour delay
Funeral Service for Mrs. Emily McGinnis time change from 10AM until 11AM at the Key Memorial Chapel in the mt. Olivet Cemetery.
Legal and General America 2 hour delay.
MMI opening at !0a, please call to reschedule.
Catoctin Medical Group Frederick and Thurmont - opening at 10AM
Frederick County Bank will open at 11AM
12 Important considerations to ponder before making a generator investment:
1. Have you checked a minimum of three references on your installer?
2. Have you checked that your installer is authorized to sell units from that manufacturer?
3. When your generator needs warranty repairs, will the installing contractor be authorized to perform those repairs? Critical Power is authorized to perform warranty work on many different makes and models of generators.
4. Does your installer provide maintenance after the install is completed and do they have maintenance experience?
5. Is the generator sized properly? If not this could cause excess fuel usage if oversized or failure if the unit if it is undersized.
6. Will the installation conform to all local and national codes even if you have declined to get permits?
7. Will your installer perform the proper start up procedures and walk you thru your responsibilities during the unit operation?
8. How many generators has your installer installed in the last 5 years? Are there any customer complaints?
9. When we sell and install a unit we cover warranty shortages. Most manufactures don’t cover all costs it takes to perform warranty work.
10. Is your installer just an electrical contractor or are they a full service generator company?
11. What happens during a power outage and your generator will not start? All fully installed customers get top priority with Critical Power before any other trouble calls of any nature. Most of the time we are on an emergency call within 4 hours.
12. If the contractor you have chosen is the least expensive, make sure you are getting exactly what you asked for and demand that they answer all the questions above and that you are satisfied with the answers.