The fire originated behind a dryer.
There were no injuries from a fire in an apartment in Frederick on Sunday afternoon.
The County Fire Marshal's Office says personnel were dispatched to 135-B South Market Street at around 3:15 PM for a dryer on fire. There was a fire behind the appliance, but the sprinkler system put it out by the time fire fighters arrived.
There was some water damage to the other apartment units.
An investigator on the scene said the fire was accidental, due to combustible materials placed too close to the dryer.
Damage is estimated at $5,000 to the structure.