It was discovered by someone passing by.
A shed fire is under investigation by the Frederick County Fire Marshal's Office.
Authorities said it happened Thursday afternoon, on Broad Run Road, in Jefferson, when someone passing by noticed smoke coming from the shed, and then called the homeowner. When the owner went to investigate, it was determined that a smoldering fire was coming from the base of one of the interior roof post. The homeowner extinguished the remaining fire.
he Jefferson Volunteer Fire Company responded to the scene. There were no injuries and damage is estimated at $100.