Death was a suicide.
The Frederick County Sheriff's Office has released the name of the 43 year old Lewistown man who died Thursday after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, at his home in the 6000 block of Putman Road.
In a press release, Cpl. Jennifer Bailey said that Richard Tau's body was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner where an autopsy performed ruled that his death was a suicide.
Deputy First Class Richard Matthews was sent to the home to provide a domestic escort, but when he arrived, he looked through the garage window and saw Tau lying on the floor and could hear a lawn mower running. The deputy forced his way into the home and with the help of a neighbor, pulled the victim outside and performed CPR. Tua was taken to Frederick Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Deputy Matthews and the neighbor were both exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide and were flown to the University of Maryland Medical Center to be treated and were later released.