A 1979 Corvette caught fire inside of a garage and caused an estimated $1,000.00 worth of damage to the attached home. It happened Wednesday night at 1904 Sawmill Court. The Frederick County Fire Marshal's Office said the owner had been working on the motor of the vehicle in the garage earlier in the day, and when he went to start the car again later in the evening the motor caught fire. He tried to extinguish the blaze, himself, but couldn't and had to call 911. When units arrived on the scene the 2 story dwelling and the garage was heavily engulfed with fire.
Fortunately, there were no injuries.