There were no injuries.
The cause of a house fire in Mount Airy Sunday night is being labeled as accidental.
Fire fighters from Frederick and Carroll Counties responded to 8712 Woodville Road shortly before 7:30 PM, and saw smoke coming from the home. They investigated and found a fire in a back room. The flames were extinguished within 20-minutes. There were no injuries.
The owner, identified as Mr. Thomas Fisher. told authorities that the electricity at his home had been off for several hours due to a storm. When the lights came back on, Fisher said he smelled smoke. He went to investigate and found fire in his bedroom.
The Frederick County Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire was caused by a power surge when the electricity came back on.
Damage is estimated at $25,000 to the two-story, wood frame home, and $5,000 to the contents.