The Frederick Board of County Commissioners today approved the 2013 Legislative Package of items to take to the Frederick County Delegation at 10:00 a.m. on December 7 in the third floor meeting room of Winchester Hall, 12 East Church Street, Frederick, Md.
Board President Blaine Young commented, "We appreciate the input of our citizens in the board’s legislative package and we believe it reflects the majority of our residents. We welcome continued feedback as we must now present our list of requests to the Frederick County Delegation, as required under the County Commissioner form of government."
The following proposals and position statements were approved:
1. Permitting Video Lottery Terminals (Slots) for Local Charitable Organizations.
2. Frederick County - Raffles.
3. Ethics - Former Local Government Officials and Employees.
4. Maryland Constitution - Congressional Districts - Requirements as to Territory, Form and Boundaries.
5. Removal of Mandatory Stormwater Management Fee.
6. Permitting Tax Rebate to All Frederick County Properties.
7. Amending Grading Erosion and Sediment Control Standards.
8. Repeal of the Scooter/Moped Helmet Mandate.
9. Permitting Deer Hunting with a Rifle in Frederick County.
10. Repeal of Mandatory Provisions of Davis-Bacon and Minority Business Enterprise as a Pilot Program to Build One Elementary School to Compare Costs in Frederick County.
11. Amending State Law to Provide Public Safety Agencies in Frederick County Authorization to Operate All Terrain Vehicles and Utility Terrain Vehicles.
12. Requiring a Frederick County Voter to Show Proof of Identity in Order to Vote in the 2014 Elections.
13. Exempting Frederick County Public Schools from the State Forest Resource Ordinance Requirements.
14. Authorization for Non-Corporate Owned Stores to Sell Beer and Wine in Frederick County.
15. Request for Authority for BOCC to Ban Synthetic Drugs in Frederick County.
1. School Construction Funding for Frederick County Should Exceed Business Economic Assistance.
2. Frederick County Public Schools Authority to Count and Report Undocumented Students.
3. Maryland to Be a "Shall Issue" State for a Right to Carry a Firearm.
4. Reinstatement of Highway User Revenues to Local Governments.
5. Maryland Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act.
6. Constitutional Amendment to Prohibit "Economic Development" Takings.
7. Cooperative Enforcement of Federal Immigration Laws throughout Maryland.
8. Negative Impact of the New State Stormwater Regulations to Local Government.
9. Repeal or Modifications of the Work Place Fraud Act of 2009 (SB 909).
10. Opposition to PlanMaryland.
11. Opposition to Mandated State Septic Regulations on Local Governments.
12. Supporting the Revision of Maryland’s Tangible Personal Property Tax.
13. Opposition to a Gas Tax Increase.
14. Supporting the Modification of Maintenance of Effort Funding Requirements.
15. Repeal of Workers’ Compensation Presumptions Law (HB 1101).
After meeting with the County Commissioners, the Frederick County Delegation will hold a public hearing on the Legislative Package at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 8, in the first floor hearing room of Winchester Hall.