One soars into home of unsuspecting owner.
Two people have been fined after igniting illegal fireworks. "The first incident occurred Sunday night around 9 p.m., on Johnny Cake Road, in Hagerstown, " said Senior Deputy State Fire Marshal Oliver Alkire. "The owner, Joe Lum and his wife, were inside their home watching television when they observed the remains of a smoldering firework that had landed on the rear deck of their house," Alkire continued.
After investigating, Donald Yescavage, 53, who is a neighbor, admitted to discharging the illegal firework but he told investigators that he was unaware that it had landed on his neighbors property. "Deputy State Fire Marshals wrote a criminal citation that carries a fine of $250, and he will be summons to court," said Alkire.
The second incident happened several hours later in the 13000 block of Wellspring Road, in Hagerstown, when Susan Reppeon was sitting on her couch and an aerial firework broke through her closed glass window, landing inside her living room. "The lady was able to escape and called 911 stating that her house was filling with smoke. Investigators concluded that her neighbor, 35 year old Jeffrey Poindexter was at fault. He was also issued a criminal citation, and is facing additional charges, including reckless endangerment," Alkire added.