No injuries were reported.
Westminster, Md. (KM) – There were no injuries from a fire at a hotel in Westminster early Thursday morning.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says shortly after 1:00 AM, fire fighters were dispatched to the Boston Inn at 533 Baltimore Boulevard for a building fire. They spent 15-minutes bringing the flames under control.
The fire, which was discovered by an employee, started in a laundry room and was due to an electrical malfunction in a dryer. Damage is estimated at $50,000..
The Boston Inn is located on four-acres and consists of five buildings with a total of 120 hotel rooms, according to its website.
By Kevin McManus