The advisory begins at 1 PM on Friday, and continues through 10 AM on Saturday.
…WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM FRIDAY TO 10 AM EST
* WHAT…Very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as
20 below zero.
* WHERE…Portions of north central and northern Maryland and
* WHEN…From 1 PM Friday to 10 AM EST Saturday.
* IMPACTS…Strong winds could cause damage to trees and power
lines. The cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed
skin in as little as 10 minutes.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…For the Wind Chill Advisory, the highest
wind speeds will be Friday into Friday evening. Affects from the
extreme cold could be made worse due to power outages.
Use caution while traveling outside. Wear appropriate clothing, a
hat, and gloves.
By The National Weather Service, Sterling, Va.