Fire Damages Home In Clear Spring In Washington County

The Fire Marshal’s Office has ruled the blaze accidental.

Clear Spring, Md (KM) There were no injuries reported from a house fire Tuesday afternoon in Clear Spring in Washington County.

At around 4:22 PM, , fire fighters were dispatched to 14117 Fairview Road for a one-story, single-family home on fire. They spent nearly one hour bringing the flames under control.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says the damage is estimated at $50,000 to the structure, and $5,000 to the contents.

The cause of the fire was accidental due to the failure of an electrical wire.

The occupants are being assisted by the Red Cross.

By Kevin McManus