Garage Fire In Washington County Ruled Accidental


There were no injuries.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says the cause of a garage fire in Hagerstown Thursday afternoon was accidental.

At 1:20 PM, about 15 fire fighters were dispatched to 10653 Bower Avenue for a 24×24 detached garage on fire. They spent 30-minutes bringing the flames under control.

There were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $40,000 to both the structure and its contents.

Investigators say the fire resulted from an electrical malfunction in a lawn mower battery charger.

Fire officials says the garage is a total loss.