Clear Spring Resident Displaced By House Fire

There were no injuries.

A malfunction in an electric water heater was the cause of a house fire in Clear Spring on Sunday morning.

About 40 fire fighters responded to 11,747 Cedar Ridge Road shortly after 7:30 AM, and spent 15-minutes bringing the flames under control.

There were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $100,000 total: $70,000 to the structure, and $30,000 to the contents.

The occupant of the home,identified as Daniel Statler,  was displaced, but is being assisted by family members.

Officials say the fire originated in the basement.