Mt. Airy House Fire Ruled Accidental

The fire also left an individual with burns on his hands.

A 19-year-old Mount Airy man suffered burns to both of his arms from a house fire in Mount Airy on Sunday morning.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says the cause of the fire at 6305 Davis Road was accidental.  A charging device for a remote controlled car caught fire.

Fire fighters were dispatched to the scene, and had the fire under control within 20-minutes.

Damage is estimated at $75,000 for the structure, and $25,00 to the contents.

Officials say Ben Wright was attempting to charge up a remote control car on the second floor of the home when the unit caught fire. He suffered second-degree burns on both of his arms as he attempted to disconnect the charging unit.

He was taken to the Bayview Burn Center where he was treated and released.