The fire is labeled as accidental.
Maugansville, Md. (KM) A clogged dryer vent that overheated is being labeled the cause of a fire Sunday afternoon at three townhouses in Maugansville.
Washington County fire fighters were dispatched to the 18,000 block of Roycroft Drive shortly before 4:00 PM, and spent 30-minutes bringing the flames under control.
Two fire fighters were transported to Meritus Medical Center for heat exhaustion and minor burns.
The State Fire Marshal’s Office says damage is estimated at $370,000 to the structure, and $30,000 to the contents.
Investigators also say a sprinkler system was present, but it did not activate due to the fire originating outside and in the attic. There were smoke alarms in the three townhouses.
The townhouses which were damaged are at 18,245, 18,247 and 18249 Roycroft Drive. Each one is a three-story structure.
By Kevin McManus