He was arrested for stabbing another man.
Frederick, Md (KM) A Frederick man was one of six people indicted on Friday by the Frederick County Grand Jury. The panel charged Rudy Santana Lopez-Gamez, 20, with attempted second-degree murder, 1st-degree assault, 2nd-degree assault and reckless endangerment in connection with a stabbing on October 7th.
Frederick Police say Lopez-Gamez was arrested for stabbing a man on a walking path from Stonegate Drive to the Hickory Hill Apartments. The victim suffered several stab wounds to his upper body. He was taken to Meritus Medical Center where he was treated and released.
Authorities say the stabbing resulted from an alcohol-fueled argument.
Other individuals indicted by the Grand Jury on Friday include:
* Dustin John Peterson, 37, of Frederick, for 1st-degree assault, two counts of 2nd-degree assault and false imprisonment for an incident which occurred on September 8th, 2016.
* Nevard Renardo Sanderson, 28, of Frederick, for two counts of 3rd-degree sex offense, for an incident which occurred on September 25th, 2016.
* David Rodgers Scott, Jr., 33, of Frederick, for robbery, 2nd-degree assault, theft less than $1,000 and false imprisonment for an incident which occurred on August 6th, 2016.
* Lise Marie Stears, 37, of Frederick, for robbery, 2nd-degree assault, theft less than $1,000 and false imprisonment. Both Scott and Stears are co-defendants.
* Ever Mauricio Gomez, 25, of Frederick. for possession with intent to distribute marijuana and possession of paraphernalia (a scale).
Indictments move these cases to Circuit Court where a trial date will be scheduled.
By Kevin McManus