Fire Damages Apartment Building In Westminster

A family’s dog perishes.


Westminster, Md (KM)  The cause of an apartment building fire in Westminster last Friday evening was accidental due to an electrical failure.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says 30 fire fighters responded to 257 East Main Street shortly before 7:00 PM, and spent 20-minutes bringing the flames under control.

Damage is estimated at $20,000 to the building and $20,000 to the contents.

There were no injuries, but the family dog perished in the fire.

Investigators say the fire originated in the bedroom of Apartment 11.

By Kevin McManus