Fire Marshal’s Office Investigating a Fire in Sykesville

SYKESVILLE, Md. (KR) The State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating a fire that destroyed a home in Carroll County. Firefighters responded to the scene of the 4300 block of Old Washington Road in Sykesville just before 8:00 AM on Saturday.

Authorities say, the accidental fire started in the living room and was due to an electrical failure.

It took 60 firefighters from the Winfield Volunteer Fire Department, one hour to control the flames.

Total estimated damage to the home is $110-thousand dollars.