Cause of Furnace Room Fire in Maugansville is Accidental

MAUGANSVILLE, Wv. (KR)  The State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating a fire that was quickly extinguished by firefighters in Washington County.

Officials say, just before 5:00 AM on Saturday, an accidental fire broke out on the roof of a furnace room in a building in the 13000 block of Village Mill Drive in Maugansville. It took 15 firefighters from Maugansville, five minutes to control the flames.

Authorities say, no one was injured. Total estimated loss is $1000 dollars.