The region could receive between eight to 12 inches of snow.
…WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING
TO 2 PM EDT TUESDAY…
* PRECIPITATION TYPE…Snow.
* ACCUMULATIONS…Snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches with
higher amounts across north-central Maryland.
* TIMING…Snow will overspread the area this evening and persist
through Tuesday morning. The heaviest snow will occur between
midnight and 8 AM with rates of one to two inches per hour
* IMPACTS…The heavy snow will make many roads impassable and
may produce power outages due to the weight of the snow on
tree limbs and power lines.
* WINDS…Northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* TEMPERATURES…In the upper 20s.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food,
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
By The National Weather Service