Eight out of ten retailers complied with the law regarding sales of alcohol to minors.
Frederick, Md (KM) An alcohol compliance check was conducted Monday by the Frederick Police Department.
Authorities say an underage volunteer was asked to go into ten businesses in the city, and try to purchase alcoholic beverages. Police say two of those retailers sold booze to the minor. They were:
DJ Liquors – 1313 W. Patrick Street Suite C
-Snax- Old Farm – 2050 Yellow Springs Rd
But these eight others refused to sell alcohol to the underage customer.
-Frederick Getgo -1000 W. Patrick St
– Golden Mile Tiger Mart – 1380 W. Patrick St.
– Hillcrest Wine & Spirits – 1090 W. Patrick St.
– Old Farm Liquors – 2190 Old Farm Dr.
– Washingtonian Express – 1395 W. Patrick St.
– Waverly Beer, Wine & Grocery- 45 Waverly Dr.
– Westridge Liquors – 1045 W. Patrick St.
– Anji Mart – 1170 W. Patrick St.
Frederick Police says they would like to thank the eight merchants who complied with the law, and refused to sell alcohol to minors.
The operation was funded by the Frederick County Health Department’s Substance Abuse Prevention Program.
Police also say training is available for merchants and their employees to help them comply with the law prohibiting the sale of alcoholic beverages to minors.
By Kevin McManus