Accidental Deck Fire in Westminster Caused by Improperly Discarded Smoking Material

WESTMINSTER, Md. (KR)  The Westminster Volunteer Fire Department responded to a deck fire at a home in Carroll County on Saturday.

Authorities say, the fire was an accident from smoking material being discarded in a flower pot that caught a deck on fire at a townhouse.  It took 30 fire-fighters, 15 minutes to put out the flames that were discovered by a neighbor who called 911, just after 4AM.

No one was injured in the fire. The estimated damage to house is $2000.