Owner says fire was significant
NEW MARKET, Md. (DG) – Frederick County firefighters were busy this morning battling a one-alarm blaze at Adventure Park USA.
According to authorities, fire crews were sent to the business on Baldwin Road in New Market at around 2 AM after receiving calls from people driving by the scene and seeing flames in one of the buildings.
Arriving crews found a 50 by 75 foot storage shed fully involved in flames. It took fire fighters two hours to put the flames out.
Fire Fighters were able to save a near-by pavilion and parade float, but owner told fire officials that the loss is significant because several roller coaster cars were destroyed.
No one was injured. The cause of the fire is accidental spontaneous combustion of discarded staining rags in a plastic trash can.