CLEAR SPRING, Md. (KR) A Washington County man suffered severe burns to his body in Clear Spring on Saturday morning. The Maryland State Fire Marshall’s Office says, just after 11AM Derrik Hutzell was using kerosene and gasoline to ignite a brush pile when the fumes ignited and burnt over 20 percent of his body.
Clear Spring firefighters responded to the scene in the 1300 block of Fairview Road and it took them 15 minutes to get the fire under control.
Authorities say, Hutzell was flown to Bayview Hospital for treatment of the burns to his arms, face, ears and neck.