House In Washington County Damaged By Fire

Occupants displaced.



Hagerstown, Md (KM) It took fire fighters 35-minutes to bring a house fire under control Thursday morning in Washington County.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.says personnel from the Longmeadow Fire Company were dispatched to 19810 Spring Creek Road north of Hagerstown shortly after 5:37 AM.

Damage is estimated at $75,000 to the structure, and $50,000 to the contents. No one was injured, but the two-story wood frame and brick home is uninhabitable, fire officials say.

Investigators says the fire originated in the assembly between the first and second floors. The cause was accidental due to an electrical malfunction.

The occupants were not home at the time of the fire.


By Kevin McManus