The blaze started in an RV parked nearby & spread to the home.
Clear Spring, Md (KM) Fire from a recreational vehicle which spread to a nearby home early Thursday morning in Clear Spring was accidental.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says 41 fire fighters responded at 2:07 AM to 12,068 National Pike for a 2003 Monaco Cayman RV on fire. The flames had spread to the siding of the home. They spent 25-minutes bringing the blaze under control.
Damage to the RV is estimated at $20,000, according to fire investigators. They also say damage to the vehicle’s contents was $5,000, and to the home it was $2500. .
There were no injuries.
Investigators say the fire resulted from an electrical converter malfunction.
By Kevin McManus