They’re here to learn the operations & management of a general aviation airport.
Frederick, Md (KM) Frederick Municipal Airport will be hosting some special guests on Tuesday morning. A delegation from China will be touring the facility.
City officials say the guests will be looking at the operations and management of the local general aviation airport. They also will study cooperation between local government and the business aircraft agencies, and research the general aviation flight activities of business aviation, chartered planes, air rescue services, aerial seeding and photography.
The delegation will also learn about the important role of by fixed-based operators in passenger waiting, board service, aircraft parking, aviation, weather information and security.
The tour which has been arranged by the Federal Aviation Administration will begin at City Hall at 9:00 AM, where the delegation will meet with Mayor Randy McClement.
Other participants in the tour include:
*Chengde Vice Mayor Li Jinyu
* Wang Yi, director, Chengde Municipal Development and Reform Commission
* Cao Zuojin, Mayor, Pingquan County government
* Sun Fulai, director, Chengde Airport Construction and Management Bureau
* Wu Yichen, interpreter, English Lecturer of Hebei Tourism Vocational College
* Chad Kirk,Federal Aviation Administration
* Angela Harris-Clark, Federal Aviation Administration.
“I look forward to meeting this group and sharing insights we have as an airport owner and operator,” says Mayor McClement, in a statement. “Our airport operations team has experience worth studying.”
By Kevin McManus