Kitchen Fire in Westminster

Firefighters from the Westminster Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire on Saturday night.


Westminster, Md (LR) The State Fire Marshal’s Office says thirty-five firefighters responded to 153 East Main Street on Saturday night around 7:30 PM and spent 30 minutes bringing the flames under control.

No one was hurt.

Investigators say the fire was accidental and started in the kitchen after a stove was left unattended while cooking.

The damage is estimated at $30,000 to the structure and $30,000 to its contents.

The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.


By: Laura Riley