Overloaded Extension Cord Cause of Hagerstown Apartment Fire

Fortunately no one was injured.


Hagerstown, MD  (LG)  Authorities with the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, in Hagerstown, say an overloaded extension cord is the cause of an apartment fire that happened Thursday afternoon in the 18000 block of Long Meadow Road.

Investigators said a female occupant was inside of the unit, along with her child, when she saw smoke coming from the bedroom. The woman attempted to extinguish the blaze with buckets of water, but eventually had to call 911, according to a press release.

Fortunately, there were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $5,000.00.

-Loretta Gaines