They want to see whose complying with the laws prohibiting the sale of alcohol to minors.
Frederick, Md (KM) In an effort to keep alcohol out of the hands of minors, the Frederick Police Department conducted a compliance check on Tuesday. Underage volunteers visited eight restaurants in Frederick. The youths under the age of 21 possessed valid identification or a driver’s license which was available if the clerks on duty asked to see them.
Authorities say six of the businesses visited by the underage volunteers refused to sell alcoholic beverages to minors. Frederick Police say they want to congratulate these establishments for complying with the laws prohibiting the sale of booze to those under 21:
* Cafe Bueno, 503 North East Street
* El Eden, 1080 West Patrick Street
* Famous Dave’s, 1003 West Patrick Street
* Mamma Lucia, 1700 Kingfisher Drive
* Ledo Pizza-Riverbend, 1294 RIverbend Way
* Mi Rancho Grande Restaurant, 193 Thomas Johnson Drive
Police say two businesses did sell alcohol to an underage volunteer. They are:
* Hunan Gourment, 915 West 7th Street
* Massers Toll House, 1505 West Patrick Street
Police say these two establishments were issued citations, and were referred to the Frederick County Liquor Commission.
Authorities say merchant training is available to help businesses comply with the law against selling alcohol to minors. These establishments can contact the Frederick County Liquor Board for more information at 301-600-2984, or go on line to www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/Liquor.
By Kevin McManus