He had been the subject of an investigation.
Frederick, Md (KM) Frederick Police have charged a Virginia man with drug and weapons offenses. Daniel Lawrence Curry, 38, of Ruther Glen, Va., was arrested at a home on Wise Road in Frederick where he was staying.
Officers serving a search and seizure warrant on Friday found quantities of heroin, fentanyl, crack cocaine, cocaine and prescription medications which is indicative of drug distribution. They also found four handguns, five long guns and more than $17,000 in cash. Curry is a convicted felon and prohibited from owning firearms.
Police say they have been investigating Curry since July, 2017, after receiving complaints about the suspect being involved in the distribution of drugs in Frederick city and the County.
Charges against Curry are:
1) Count of Illegal Possession Ammunition
(1) Count of Firearm/Drug Traffic Crime
(2) Counts of Illegal Firearm Possession
(1) Count of Possession of Stolen Firearm
(1) Counts of Possession With Intent To Distribute Heroin
(1) Count of Possession With Intent To Distribute Cocaine
(1) Count of Possession Heroin
(1) Count of Possession Cocaine
Frederick Police say they would like to thank the Montgomery County Police, the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office, the Maryland State Police and the US Department of Homeland Security for their assistance during the search and seizure operation.
By Kevin McManus
Items confiscated from Curry’s room.