House In Carroll County Damaged By Fire

It was caused by a fire in a clothes dryer.


Westminster, Md (KM) Damage is estimated at $20,000 to the structure and $5,000 to the contents following a house fire Monday morning in Westminster.

30 fire fighters responded to the one-alarm blaze at 227 Stacy Lee Drive at 9:44 AM,   and spent 30-minutes bringing the flames under control. There were no injuries.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire is considered accidental due to a dryer catching on fire. The blaze originated in the basement of the one-story, wood frame house, and was discovered by a resident of the home.

The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.


By Kevin McManus