Couple Trying To Thaw Out Pipes Burns Down Home

They used a propane heater to unfreeze water pipes under the home.

hagerstown, Md. (DG) – A couple trying to unfreeze frozen water pipes, ended up burning their house down in Hagerstown.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office is reporting firefighters responded to a house fire the 15,000 block of Overview Circle on Thursday night shortly after 10 PM.

Investigators say the fire started when the home owners were using a propane heater under their mobile home to thaw out frozen water pipes by their bathroom.

It took 65 firefighters an hour to put out the flames. No one was injured and damage is estimated at $75,000.


-Dianah Gibson