Man Suffers Burns After His E-Cigarette Explodes

He was putting in a new battery.


Sykesville, Md (KM) A Sykesville man suffered burns to 18%  of his body on Sunday evening after changing the battery in his e-cigarette. The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says Michael Henry was taken to the Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center with burns to his chest, both of his arms and his face.

Fire fighters were dispatched to his home at  806 Lee Avenue in Sykesville at around 8:22 PM  after Henry’s e-cigarette exploded as  he was replacing the battery. The explosion caused $100 worth of damage to the living room.

There were no other injuries.


By Kevin McManus