Toaster Causes House Fire In Carroll County

There were no injuries.

 


Westminster, Md (KM) There were no injuries from a house fire in Carroll County Thursday morning.

At around 6:49 AM, 30 fire fighters were dispatched to the 1320 Hughes Shop Road in Westminster, and spent 18-minutes bringing the flames under control.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says damage to the structure is estimated at $35,000 and $15,000 to¬† the contents.

Investigators say the fire originated in a toaster in the kitchen. The fire is ruled accidental due to the failure of the toaster.

The Red Cross is assisting the occupants.

 

By Kevin McManus