Fire Damages Home In Hancock

But the occupants were not displaced.



Hancock, Md (KM) A damaged electrical wire is being labeled the cause of a house fire in Hancock Thursday morning.

Six fire fighters from the Hancock Volunteer Fire Department responded to  14440 Tollgate Ridge Road at around  9:27 AM, and spent ten-minutes bringing the flames under control There were no injuries.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says damage is estimated at $2,000 to the structure and $1,000 to the contents. .

Investigators say the fire originated in the basement, and was discovered  by the homeowner’s son..

The occupants of the home were not displaced.

Smoke alarms were present and  activated, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.


By Kevin McManus