Investigators say it was accidental due to food on the stove.
Manchester, Md (KM) The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says unattended cooking is being labeled the cause of a house fire Wednesday afternoon in Carroll County.
At around 2:28 PM, 20 fire fighters were dispatched to 3422 Warehime Rood in Manchester for a one-alarm fire, and spent ten-minutes bringing the flames under control.
Damage is estimated at $5,000 to the structure, and $1,000 to the contents.
One occupant of the home suffered minor burns, but refused treatment at the scene, or transport to the hospital, according to the State Fire Marshal.. .
The fire originated in the kitchen and was discovered by one of the occupants. .
By Kevin McManus