new jobs listed
Frederick County Work Force Service’s Latrice Lewis said her agency is committed to assisting job seekers find employment and there are several Hot Jobs that are available right now. To view other job postings, just go to www.frederickworks.com or call (301)600-2255.
Dental Assistant (822861)
Seeking an experienced dental assistant to perform a variety of duties and provide quality of care for our patients. Our periodontal and implant practice offices are located at Frederick and Eldersburg in Maryland. Candidate must have State of Maryland dental assistant license and x-ray certification. Position includes Mondays and Fridays at our Frederick office location and Wednesday and Thursdays at our Eldersburg office location.
Town Planner (823763)
The Town Planner directs and assists management with all municipal planning and land use functions for the Town. Acts as an advisor to the Town Board, Planning Commission, and Board of Appeals and provides leadership and support on all planning and infrastructure related projects. Additional responsibilities include grant writing and administration, permit issuance, ordinance creation/modification, zoning enforcement, maintaining accurate records, and public interaction. This position falls under the general supervision of the Town Manager. Additional duties will/can be assigned by the Town Manager and Mayor.
Counter Sales – Plumbing (826192)
Seeking a Counter Sales associate for a plumbing company in Frederick Maryland. Applicant must be a self-starter and willing to learn. Knowledge and understanding of plumbing products is required. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: waiting on customers that come to the counter to purchase material; taking orders over the phone; pulling material for will call orders; and receiving merchandise and putting it away.
Associate Research Scientist (820492)
Local Bioscience company is seeking a highly motivated individual with background in protein expression and purification. The candidate shall have strong ability in multi-tasking and are expected to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing start-up environment with a high degree of self-motivation. Some Responsibilities include:
· The successful candidate will possess a strong background in mammalian cell culture and transient protein expression in eukaryotic systems. Experience in stable cell line generation and knowledge of GMP regulations/cell banking is desired but not required.
· Experience with scalable protein expression, from microtiter plates to bioreactors is desirable, as is experience in molecular biology for cloning, plasmid generation, amplification and purification…..and more!
The Production Assembler is responsible for assembling equipment according to established procedures to ensure that production goals and customer requirements are satisfied. This position is located in Germantown, Maryland but company is relocating to Frederick, Maryland in October 2018!!
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
1. Follows established assembly procedures
2. Adheres to safety guidelines and ESD guidelines
3. Performs preventative maintenance on tools and equipment
4. Performs accurate record keeping
5. Assists in the development of assembly procedures
6. Performs testing, troubleshooting, and repairs/rework in consultation with Engineering…and more!
Supervisor, Calibration (826284)
Responsibility: Work orders are given to employee for completion or through scheduled calibration schedule; Decisions must be made quickly and accurately in emergency situations; Delay in production of products may occur if proper maintenance, design, and repairs are not performed; Supervisory Responsibility: May be responsible for supervision of external contractors, including but not limited to work distribution, scheduling, training, answering of questions related to work, assistance in solving problems, etc.; Does not include any personnel functions such as salaries, discipline, promotions, timesheets, etc.; Also provides guidance and direction over individuals who proceed on their own initiative in compliance with policies, practices, and procedures prescribed by their immediate supervisor.
IACUC Coordinator (826003)
Description of Responsibilities:
· Work with current IACUC functions as well as the federal laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines governing animal care and use in the United States and the DOD in order to complete tasks.
· Become familiar with USAMRIID IACUC animal care and use policies, SOPs, and procedures.
· Perform regulatory tasks based on these animal care and use SOPs, as well as federal and DOD regulations, guidelines, and policies. Apply regulations, policies, and guidelines to IACUC tasks.
· Review animal research proposals and addenda for completeness prior to and after committee review.
· Review all rodent research proposals and addenda to ensure appropriate information, coordination, signature, and proper format prior to IACUC review.
· Review revised animal use proposals to ensure that appropriate changes were made IAW the revisions requested by the IACUC . Notify the IACUC Chair of review results within 7 days of receipt of revised rodent proposals…..and much more!
Operational Excellence Project Manager (825580)
This role exists to provide key support for the site leadership team to deliver business results by working with teams to identify opportunities for improvement and taking accountability for rigorous execution and delivery. The level 2 project manager is able to influence teams across the corporation, and is expected to help generate the OE strategy and execute to identify as well as develop systems that support the business in continuous process improvement efforts, enhancements to the daily management system and culture change. Typical efforts will be large to enterprise-wide in scope. The role supports and/or leads general OE programs and training, mentoring Yellow Belt and Green Belt trainees to certification and project completion
Entry-Level Graphic Designer (818008)
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Graphic Designer position is to provide creative design and execution of marketing materials and communications (such as eblast, electronic newsletters, and bulletins, literature, web content, advertising design of promotions, etc.) Additional responsibilities include general administrative support for the marketing department as needed. The Graphic Design Assistant relies primarily on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Cell Culture Technician (821900)
The Cell Culture technician will be responsible for following standard operating protocols of some in vitro techniques such as blood processing, mammalian cell culture (suspension and adherent cultures), primary cultures of human and animal origins, hybridomas, stem cells, cell transformation, cell line establishment, cell line authentication, viability, cryopreservation, cell-based bioassays/diagnostics, and making necessary culture media and buffers.
Operations Associate (815388)
Functions of the position
– Daily financial and administrative management
– Routine accounts receivable and accounts payable within QuickBooks
– Employee payroll (QB) and time-keeping (Unanet) management
– Purchasing, as requested
– Management of private and government client contracts, including invoicing and collecting payments
– Assistance with facility and equipment technical issues
– Bookkeeping, office administration, and some accounting experience
– QuickBooks and Unanet experience
– IT and mechanical equipment maintenance/upkeep aptitude
Entry-Level Microbiologist (821931)
KamTek is looking for a full-time entry level Microbiologist to work in a BSL-2 facility to help in performing microbiology assays, mainly involving the culturing of fastidious anaerobic microorganisms, and preparation of broth microdilution methods for antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
Accounting Administrator (826693)
Frederick company has an immediate opening as an Accounting Administrator for our Back-Office Team located at our headquarters. The Back Office Team provides support to the Sales Team and is responsible for a variety of processes including, but not limited to, order processing, purchasing, invoicing, vendor payments, shipping, and logistics. The team works as a collective unit to keep operations moving forward and ensure that our customers (internal and external) receive excellent service.
Staffing Agency Job Fair
May 10th (2-4 pm)
Monroe Center (200 Monroe Ave, Frederick MD)