Avoiding Grill Fires this Season

Frederick, MD (KK) – With the weather warming up, more people are starting to grill out, but that also brings with it new dangers. Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesman Pete Piringer says never leave a grill unattended.

“Cooking is the number one cause of fire year round. That applies to barbecue grills, as well. Always supervise a barbecue grill when it’s in use,” said Piringer.

The National Fire Protection Association says, in 2014, more than 16,000 people went to emergency rooms because of injuries involving grills. Many of those injuries were burns.

By Kylie Khan