Fire Damages Home In Westminster On Friday

Investigators say it was accidental due to an e-cigarette.


Westminster Damage is estimated at $100,000 to the structure and $50,000 to the contents following a house fire in Westminster on Friday evening.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says 40 fire fighters from the Pleasant Valley Volunteer Fire Company were dispatched at around 6:00 PM to the 4314 Turkeyfoot Road, and spent 30-minutes bringing the flames under control at the two-story, single family dwelling. There were no injuries.

Investigators say the fire originated in a bedroom, and was accidental due to an e-cigarette.

The occupants have been displaced, and are being assisted by the Red Cross.


By Kevin McManus