He’s also charged with assault.
Frederick, Md (KM) A Frederick teenager was indicted Friday by the Grand Jury for a fatal shooting last month. Ean Lanell Davis-Lattimore, 17, is charged as an adult with 2nd-degree murder, and two counts of 1st-degree assault for the shooting death of Genesis Marie Mc-Carter Berretto of Gaithersburg.
The incident took place at a party early Sunday morning, May 13th at a home in the 1800 block of Weybridge Road in Frederick. Police say an argument took place and shots were fired.
A 13-year-old boy was also shot, but was treated and released at Frederick Memorial Hospital, police say.
Other indictments handed down Friday by the Frederick County Grand Jury include:
* Kevin A. Carbaja-Rivera, 24, New Midford, NJ, whose charged with 2nd-degree rape; 2nd-degree sex offense; sex abuse of a minor and sex abuse of a minor continuing course of conduct for offenses which took place from January 1st, 2016 to December 31st, 2016.
* Gary Edward Barnett, 52, Dundalk, Md., whose charged with armed robbery, robbery; 2nd-degree assault, theft from $100 to $1500; three counts of attempted robbery; attempted theft from $100 to $1500; and theft less than $100 for offenses which occurred from March 16th, 2018 and May 7th, 2018.
* Clifton Bernard Bowens, 36, Frederick, Md., whose charged with 1st-degree burglary; 4th-degree burglary; malicious destruction of property less than $1,000; and 2nd-degree burglary for an offense which occurred on June 5th, 2018.
* Austin Somerset Mack, 26, Thurmont, Md., whose charged with three counts of drug distribution– carfentail, heroin and furanyl-fentanyl– for an offense which occurred on April 27th, 2017.
* Wayne Alan Thomas, 60, of Frederick, Md. , whose charged with two counts of sex abuse of a minor for offenses which occurred from March 1st, 2018 to March 31st, 2018.
* Luis Alonzo Palicious, 36, Frederick, Md., whose charged with 1st-degree assault; 2nd-degree assault; reckless endangerment and malicious destruction of property less than $1,000 for an offense which occurred on April 30th, 2018.
* Gary Gudon Crummel, 40, Frederick,Md., whose charged with 1st-degree assault and 2nd-degree assault for an offense which occurred on May 10th, 2018.
The indictments move these cases to Circuit Court, where a trial date will be scheduled.
Prosecutors say indictments are not a finding of guilt, and these defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
By Kevin McManus