One was for murder; five others for armed robbery.
Frederick, Md (KM) The Frederick County Grand Jury handed down 14 indictments on Friday.
They include five people involved in an armed robbery in Thurmont on July 4th. Brandon Gooden, 19, of Thurmont, Danielle Albaugh, 22, of Emmitsburg, Ashelley Smith, 33, home town unknown, Nina Martinez, 20, of Sabillasville, and Joshua Toniolli, 33, of Emmtisburg, are each charged with armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, assault, and theft charges. Albaugh, Martinez and Toniolli, are charged with conspiracy to commit assault. .
Police say two of the suspects were arrested for breaking into an apartment on Water Street. They threatened an occupant with a knife, and took his wallet which contained a large amount of cash. Police say the victim knew one of the robbers which helped police identify the other three.
Also indicted was George Worthington Ramer, 65, of Frederick. He’s charged with 1st-degree murder, 2nd-degree murder, 1st-degree assault and 2nd-degree assault.
Frederick Police say Ramer was arrested in May for assaulting his wife. After she died in the hospital, Ramer was charged with the two murder counts.
Authorities say the victim, Diana Shaff Peckaitis, was beaten and strangled by her husband after an argument.
She was originally taken to Frederick Memorial Hospital for injuries reportedly from a fall. But FMH officials learned she had been assaulted. Peckaitis died on May 17th after being moved to a second hospital.
Other indictments handed down include:
*Cassandra Lynn Carter, 31, of Hedgesville, WV, for possession with intent to distribute, possession of heroin and possession of alprazolam for an incident which occurred on July 11th, 2018.
* Christopher A. Padilla-Arias, 21, of Frederick, Md., for possession with intent to distribute and possession of alprazolam, for an incident which occurred on July 25th, 2018.
* Ronnie Dean Folwer, 18, of Knoxville, Md., for possession with intent to distribute, possession of cocaine and possession of heroin, for an incident which occurred on July 11th, 2018
* Dwayne Scott Lockard, 44, of Hagerstown, Md., for possession with intent to distribute, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine for an incident which occurred on July 23rd, 2018.
* James Kevin Myers, 56, of Frederick, Md., for 1st-degree assault, two counts of 1st-degree rape, two counts of 1st-degree sex offense, two counts ts of 2nd-degree rape and three counts of 2nd-degree sex offense for incidents which occurred between May 1st, 2017 to July 30th, 2017.
* Mary Ann Crossland, 36, of Keyser, WV, for possession with intent to distribute, possession, possession and distribution of drug administrative equipment, three hypodermic needles.–all heroin; and possession of cocaine for an offense which occurred on July 18th, 2018.
* Alante Johnathan Ambush, 18, of Frederick, Md, for distribution of marijuana on high school property and in a business district, distribution and possession of pot for an incident which occurred on July 26th, 2018.
* William Patrick Callaghan, 53, of Frederick, Md. for sex abuse of a minor, 2nd-degree assault, 4th-degree sex offense for an incident which occurred on January 1st, 2018.
Grand Jury indictments send these cases to the Circuit Court where a trial date will be scheduled.
By Kevin McManus