Potomac River Flooding Severity Goes From Minor To Moderate
...Forecast flooding increased from Minor to Moderate severity...The
Flood Warning continues for
The Potomac River at Point of Rocks.
* Until Wednesday evening.
* At 11 AM Monday the stage was 13.7 feet and rising.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by mid-afternoon today and crest
near 20.0 feet by mid-afternoon tomorrow. The river will fall below
flood stage by early Wednesday afternoon.
* Impact...At 20.0 feet...The boat ramp and lower parking lot at
Point of Rocks are flooded. Water approaches the water treatment
plant in Brunswick. Farmland behind the Tarara Vineyard is flooded.
By The National Weather Service