The cause has been labeled accidental.
Frederick, Md (KM) Fire damaged a home in the Frederick area on Monday afternoon, and sent one man to the hospital.
Deputy Chief of Volunteer Fire and Rescue Services, Kevin Fox, says the call went out at around 4:39 PM to 8849 Indian Springs Road for a fire in a basement with one person trapped. Two off-duty fire fighters who were in the area at the time were able to rescue the victim from the home.
Fox says about 30 fire fighters arriving at the scene, spent 15-minutes bringing the flames under control. No other injuries were reported.
“The cause of the fire was accidental. The victim was working with a blowtorch on his workbench, which started the fire,” says Fox. “Damage is estimated at $2,000.
The victim was flown to the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore by Maryland State Police helicopter.
By Kevin McManus