One Person Taken To FMH Following Fire In Town House

That pesron was suffering from smoke inhalation.


Brunswick, Md (KM). One person was taken to the hospital following a kitchen fire at a town house in Brunswick Tuesday morning.

At around 11:45 AM, fire fighters from Frederick, Jefferson County, WV, and Loudon County, Va., were dispatched to 119 West Orndorf Street for a fire in a multi-family unit. “Units arrived to find a small fire that had started on the stove and extended a little bit up in the cabinet area,” says Battalion Chief Dan Healy. He says one of the occupants had the fire out before fire fighters arrived.

Healy says there was a moderate amount of smoke in the home, but fire fighters were able to ventilate the dwelling by opening the windows.

“There were two occupants that were home at the time. One person  was evaluated and subsequently transported to Frederick Memorial Hospital for evaluation after smoke inhalation,” says Healy. The other occupant was not transported.

He says the additional units from West Virginia and Virginia were dispatched to the scene. “The assignment was scaled back prior to the arrival of most of the units,” says Healy. “The first two engines that arrived and  the first ladder truck were all  that was required to mitigate the situation.”

All units were able to clear scene in about 20 to 30-mintes, says Healy.


By Kevin McManus