It provides users with real-time, local crime and safety information.
FREDERICK, MD – The Frederick Police Department announced that it is joining the Neighbors app to provide the City of Frederick community with real-time, local crime and safety information. The Neighbors network already has millions of users and has been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
Download the free Neighbors app, join your neighborhood, and use the app to: monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team. The Neighbors app is not an alternative to contact police for emergencies or police reports. All crimes should be reported to 911 or the non-emergency number 301-600-2102.
To download the app via iOS/Android text FrederickPD to 555-888 or https://download.ring.com/frederick
Frederick Police Chief, Ed Hargis, said: “FPD is pleased to establish the partnership with Ring and the Neighbors App as this will provide the Frederick community with the next generation of a modern day virtual “Neighborhood Watch Program”, and vastly improve neighborhood safety by enhancing the flow of information between the residents and police.”
Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring, said: “We’re excited to have the Frederick Police Department join Neighbors to keep their community up-to-date on local crime and safety information. Over the past few years we have learned that, when neighbors, the Ring team and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities. Neighbors is meant to facilitate real-time communication between these groups, while maintaining neighbor privacy first and foremost. By bringing security to every neighbor with the free Neighbors app, the City of Frederick community can stay on top of crime and safety alerts as they happen.”
How It Works
- Download the Neighbors app by texting FrederickPD to 555-888 or via iOS/Android here:https://download.ring.com/frederick).
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.
- Note: this app should never be used to report a crime. Please report all crime to the police.
Neighbors is a neighborhood watch app that provides real-time, local crime and safety information. Download the free Neighbors app (iOS/Android), join your neighborhood, and use the app to: monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team. Download Neighbors (iOS/Android) today to join your digital neighborhood watch. For more information visitwww.ring.com/neighbors.
Ring’s mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities. Ring is an Amazon company. The Ring product line, along with Neighbors by Ring, enable Ring to offer affordable, whole-home and neighborhood security devices and services. For more information, visit www.ring.com.