For smoke inhalation.
FREDERICK, MD. (LG) A townhouse caught fire in Frederick Friday afternoon. Deputy Chief of Frederick County Fire and Rescue Services, Tom Coe, said units were dispatched around 5:16 p.m.
“Units from Frederick County Fire and Rescue were dispatched to the 2600 block of Carrington Way for a townhouse fire,” said Coe. “When units arrived on scene they could see significant fire and smoke coming from the rear of a row of townhouses. The fire had already extended into the roof and into a second townhouse unit.”
All of the occupants were able to escape safely, but one person was transported to Frederick Memorial Hospital for smoke inhalation.
“The fire was caused by a grill on the back of one of the townhouses’ deck.”
By Loretta Gaines and Timothy Young