One is against a suspect in a June shootout.
Frederick, Md (KM) Eight indictments were returned on Friday by the Frederick County Grand Jury.
One was against Omar Bah, 17, of Frederick. The panel charged him with four counts each of 1st-degree assault, conspiracy to commit 1st-degree assault and 2nd-degree assault. Bah was also indicted for possession of a firearm by someone under 21 years of age, having a handgun on his person and use of a handgun in the commission of a crime of violence. .
He was arrested in connection with a shootout in June along Taney Avenue and at the Frederick Shopping Center.
Also indicted on Friday was John Marshall Hibbert, 39, of Knoxville. The panel charged him with 11 counts each of promoting and distributing child pornography, and possession of child pornography. He’s also charged with two counts of sexual abuse of a minor. Hibbert was arrested last month on those charges. He was a school system employee at the time,
Other indictments returned by the Grand Jury on Friday include:
* Daniel Paul Crepeau, 50, of Woodsboro, Md. He’s charged with possession with intent to distribute cocaine, possession of paraphernalia, and possession of cocaine for an offense which occurred on July 18th, 2019.
* Daniel Paul Crepeau, 50, of Woodsboro, Md. In this indictment, Creapeau is charged with possession of cocaine, possession of heroin, possession with intent to distribute cocaine, possession with intent to distribute heroin, conspiracy to distribute cocaine, possession of paraphernalia, conspiracy to commit armed robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery for an offense which occurred on July 10th, 2019.
* Christopher William Burdette, 41, of Smithsburg, Md. He’s charged with two counts of 1st-degree assault, three counts of 2nd-degree assault, along with armed robbery, robbery, theft of $100 to $1500, two counts of reckless endangerment, use of a firearm in a violent felony crime and malicious destruction of property less than $1,000 for an offense which occurred on July 7th, 2019.
* Michael Dith, 50, of Frederick, Md. He’s charged with possession of child pornography and promotion and distribution of child pornography for an offense which occurred on February 20th, 2019.
* Rendell Markeith Johnson, 25, of Frederick, Md. He’s charged with 1st-degree assault, 2nd-degree assault, reckless endangerment, drug possession, illegal possession of registered firearms, possession of a firearm with a felony conviction and illegal possession of ammunition for an offense which occurred on December 19th, 2018.
* Mischa Christensen, 39, of Frederick, Md. He’s charged with 1st-degree assault, 2nd-degree assault, reckless endangerment and false imprisonment for an offense which occurred on July 19th, 2019.
Prosecutors point out that indictments are not a finding of guilt, and all defendants are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
By Kevin McManus