Storage Shed In Union Bridge Damaged By Fire

State Fire Marshal says the cause  is accidental.


Union Bridge, Md (KM) The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says the cause of a fire at a storage shed in Union Bridge on Friday morning was accidental due to discarded smoking materials.

Officials say just before 9:30 AM, fire fighters responded to 203 East Elger Street, and spent 15-minutes bringing the flames under control. There were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $20,000 to the structure, and $5,000 to the contents. .

The fire originated on the outside of the shed, investigators say.


By Kevin McManus